Sunday, December 5, 2010

Fun in Walk-a-thon

After planning all started working on the works allotted, banners were prepared by school but rest of the things were taken care by all the DP students who were part of preparation. We were the first to start the race of approx 7 km. pre-primary classes had a lap of 3 km the roads were decided by me and Nishad and calculated by a car which was 6.7km. We decided the teacher’s duty on the way and to make walk-a-thon a fare for all and no one can cheat. Before starting our preparation I inquired about the conditions of roads and the security purposes. We exchanged our ideas with each other. Nishad and I made two plans and tracks but then we worked together as a team and got the final track. Our physical education teacher helped us by making the no. tags for all the participants. The participation was fun because we started very slow but after completing 300-500 meters everyone’s athlete started spouting out. All DP students started to walk like professionals. Mukul took lead in the beginning but 1km I covered the distance and in next 500 meters took lead ahead of Mukul. I learnt new technique or I should say invented a new way of relaxation. While walking when I got tired, my calf muscles started acing. I turned my face and started moving backward. My muscles started relaxing and I felt good after it. I came first and took rest for 5 minutes. After which I waited for junior students to come, I gave them glucose and water. Asked them to stretch a little and then rest. I took care if someone was hurt or something. I appreciated all those who were coming to finish the walk. It was fun, full of action, struggle, enthusiasm, the thirst of winning. I loved and enjoyed each and every moment of it. I am looking forward for few more such events.

2 comments:

Viju said...

Hi Chinmay,
Congratulation for winning the Walkathon. It was really a very good idea.From KG to DP each and every student enjoyed it.
Very goodwork, Keep it up!

Vijayalaxmi

chinmay said...

Thank you ma'am.