Thursday, January 27, 2011

Republic Day and Sports Day...

Once again my heart was filled with fun and excitement after 2 years. It was D Y Patil International School’s annual sports day on the same day of Indian Republic Day i.e. 26th of January. I am crazy for sports but last year didn’t get any chance. I received title of best athlete in 10th standard but due to less sport events I was not in position to participate in any sports meets. Day started with basket ball game because we had time for the program to start. After national anthem we all went to ground to help out in arrangements and to have everything in position. All were distributed different works and duties. My job was to give signals to start the race after checking the tracks and the positions of the athletes. Just after each race my next duty was to transfer the list of winners from the finish line to medal stand where teachers were writing names on certificates. It was really tiring for me and I was not getting any rest in between. From this I learnt the working of a system and the management of conduction of an event like this. In between we had a fun race in which Aditi Shah came on first position and Nishad came on second position (by unethical means). He was disqualified which was evident after watching the video of the race but I think if any person is disqualified than there is no point of getting the position. Again the events began and my job too. At last our race came where I was the king of track (hyperbolically). It was 4x100 m relay where I was running with my team Mukul, Aditi and Dasom. Mukul started the race and took a approximate 10 m lead and passed the batten to Aditi. Aditi continued and increased the lead with more 15 m. Dasom was in third position and ran very well and passed it to me. I ran and won the race which I felt like an amazing race because when I completed it was near about 50 meter lead. I was happy after winning and congratulated my opponents for the try. It was amazing and one of the most memorable moments of my life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Chinmay,

Feels good, isn't it, when you can do something successfully what you are good at? I always say, "Better late than never". At least you got to prove your talent in front of the school. I appreciate the tireless work you did in conveying the winners names and passing on information to the concerned people. And I also commend you for encouraging your team mates and showing team spirit. You are indeed KING of the track, not hyperbolically but in reality...

Keep up the good work.

CAS Coordinator

chinmay said...

Yes sir, its amazing feeling and as I said it will be one of my best moments in school. Thanks a lot for your appreciation.

Viju said...

Hi Chinmay,

I have seen your full involvement on the sports day. I think this is your real place, not inside the four walls of classroom.
In the relay really you were the King of track. In future focus on your interests.
Good Luck!

Vijayalaxmi Ma'am